Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Tony Plank blog impressive

http://tonyplank.blogspot.com/2005/01/post-modern-presidency.html
I want to add a couple of observations supporting the postmodern thesis. First, the profound and widespread disdain on the right of science. For these folks the only potential good of science is to create new weapons technology to further their notion of American Imperial power. For them Intelligent Design is equal to evolutionary theory because it's the alternative brand - Pepsi versus Coke. Scientists aren't in the in club because they study reality they don't create reality. Second is something I'm trying to get a handle on but it's tough to really understand. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we continue to misunderestimate the movement in its intuitiveness and ruthlessness. We hold out thinking reality has to somehow matter - and I think it does - but raw and ruthless power does make a reality. My take is the usual for me - we must persevere and shine the light on their power-worshipping evil.