Saturday, February 19, 2005

Please forgive me, Progressive Protestant

http://www.polyglut.net/index.php/archives/2005/02/18/bearing-false-witness-against-queer-christians/
I did only give Wesley Blog an "almost thoughtful" for the post. Sometimes being open-minded (or is that just empty?), I can set my standards a little low. I am greatly relieved when a conservative can talk about human sexuality without resorting to complete assault. Something that troubles me, though, is this: it's easier to get comments on sexuality than on the immorality of Bush's budget. I do recognize that looking at the big picture and keeping focus on what we can actually accomplish in life sometimes conflict. But I don't think we can change conservative minds quickly, so I like to keep looking at the big picture. In the big picture I see, the best way to change conservative minds is patient, humble faithfulness. In the long run I hope that they will catch on, but I can't control that.