Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sane and civil discussion, oh my!

http://left2right.typepad.com/main/2005/01/how_not_to_comp_1.html
Left2Right's Elizabeth Anderson writes so thoughtfully that even the conservative replies to her ideas make sense. Hey, I'm always relieved when cons who aren't out of control Confederate States of America types make points that I can consider but disagree with. I want to see where she is going, but I think it will be very sensible and very decent. I'm no economist, but it's just plain to me that unfettered capitalism can destroy human dignity and decency. I almost think that in some vague way social cons sense this as well. They just act out somewhat pathologically obsessing about sex, secularism, and science rather than seeing that it's the free market race to the bottom that is stripping us of our humanity. But I'm really off topic now.